- Rev. Thomas Abraham
My God (Part 3)
MY GOD - MY SAVIOUR
It is not my religion it is my personal relationship with my God
Once Jesus asked this question to his disciples
Matthew 16:13-16 - When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
However, God told me that in order to maintain a close relationship with Him, His people must know the following truths:
* I. Close to Know God as your Creator
* II. Know our God as our Saviour & our redeemer
i. * Ps: 18: 46. The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
ii. 2Saml: 22: 3. my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me.
iii. Lk: 2: 11. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
iv. 1Tim: 2: 3. This is good, and pleases God our Savior,
* Our creator became our Saviour & our redeemer, because we were lost, and were blind, and were sold as a slave to Sin and Satan.
Why we need a Saviour and Redeemer?
i. 8 * Sin separated us from my creator – it created a big gap between us and our God, so desperately we need a Saviour.
9* Man decided he is going to take matters into his own hands, he is going to make himself right with God
And he tried with - Good work - Religion,
Church membership - Morality,
Baptism or Charity - it won’t work out
So, we need a mediator to fill that gap
* So, our God - our creator became man – came to this world as a Saviour
So, we need a mediator to fill that gap – Christ is our only mediator who can restore the relationship between lost men and holy God
* 1Tim: 2: 5. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people.
* 1Pet: 2: 24. He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
* Col: 1: 21 -22. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.
* Our Saviour saved our life from eternal death & eternal fire
i. He saved our life from the past sin
ii. He saved our life from the influence of sin
iii. He saved our life from future judgment
Sin not only separated us from our creator – it made us slaves to Sin and Satan, so desperately we need a Redeemer.
* Jn: 8: 34. Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
Sin and Satan took the control over men
Rom: 7: 14-15. We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do
Rom: 6: 20. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.
But our Lord Jesus paid the price and set us free from the slavery of Sin and Satan
Jn:8: 36. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
1Cor: 6:20. You were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies.
1Cor: 7:23. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.
Rom: 6: 6. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin and Satan and fear!
Galatians: 5: 1. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
So, we are no longer under the chain,
Si, Satan and slavery,
we are the children of God.